Director of Sales Operations – IBU
Position: Director of Sales Operations – IBU
Department: Imaging Business Unit (IBU)
Reports To: Director, Imaging Business Unit
Responsible for management of the global imaging technical sales and sales operations. This position plans, directs, and coordinates the sales of products and services by developing and executing strategic sales plans across all accounts and industries with a primary focus on Imaging.
- Establish strategic sales goals to meet annual corporate revenue goals, to increase market share and to increase profitability of products focused on Imaging.
- Manage all HR and operational issues related to Imaging Technical Sales and Sales Operations along with the ability to matrix manage the Global Technical Sales and Sales Operations teams.
- Develop and mentor team members in selling skills and strategic account management techniques.
- Coach and lead direct reports towards becoming better leaders for their teams.
- Resolve conflicts and facilitates changes in structure of local sales teams to ensure objective fulfillment and swift response to sales problems and opportunities.
- Establish and maintains relationships with strategic customers and partners.
- Prospect and develop new domestic and international accounts.
- Provide quarterly forecast for sales by territory and expense budgets.
- Assist with customer visits, product demonstrations, and trade show activities across the region.
- Initiate and supervise business development projects.
- Provide input on overall company strategy and interdepartmental strategy.
- Maintain industry and professional contacts and inform management on industry, market, and applications trends.
- And other job responsibilities as assigned.
- Optimize sales process (financial and physical)
- Manage staff via goal setting and focus on execution
- Implement of contact strategy and CRM process improvements
- Develop intra- and interdepartmental processes
- Interface with department managers to resolve conflicts
- Provide marketing feedback
- Contract negotiations and review
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Optics and optical industry knowledge
- Ability to interact with customers
- Excellent phone and interpersonal skills
- EO product knowledge and awareness
- Computer skills; PC literacy in Excel, Word, SAP, Microsoft Dynamics, ERP and CRM platforms
Bachelor’s Degree in related field; minimum of five (5) direct sales experience; experience in optical manufacturing and services.
Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time; ability to travel frequently.
Edmund Optics shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet the company’s changing needs. This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in the employer’s sole discretion.